We aim to accomplish our mission through the following goals:
- Provide fitness programs to underserved school-aged girls that motivate them to live active lifestyles into adulthood; improve self-confidence, problem solving and teamwork; identify and value healthy nutrition; participate in organized sports; and support the fight against childhood obesity.
- Motivate girls to attend college and develop reading, writing, journalism, and career skills that will afford them gender equity, economic independence and future security in a field they are passionate about.
- Encourage young women to postpone childbearing until they are psychologically, economically, and physically prepared to care for children of their own.
- Teach girls to identify and be discerning about both overt and subliminal negative images (ranging from a lack of leadership ability and the victim role to portraying women and girls as sex objects) that workplaces, media, and society often project on girls and women.
- Help girls attain emotional and physical well being through programs that stress the importance of self confidence and inner strength; anger management and non-violent self-defense; and healthy nutritional and physical patterns of behavior.
- Link young girls with professional female mentors who work in the entertainment industry and a variety of non-traditional career fields.
- Give college-aged girls the tools to encourage their peers to stay fit by giving them a platform to create and publish inspirational social media content and host on-campus fitness gatherings.
- Help college-aged girls avoid the Freshman 15 weight gain.
- Deliver programs directly or in partnerships with others (community based organizations, city agencies, schools and corporations) to reach as many girls as possible, to have a positive impact on their development.
- Provide $1,000 Scholarships to 30 deserving female students annually to assist them during their journey of becoming future leaders of America.
- 250 Pretty Girls Sweat college teams by 2020.
- 1 Million female students and women will support Teen Diaries Foundation’s programs by 2020.